Post Sandy Workshop: Coastal No Adverse Impact & Legal Issues
Co-Sponsored by NJAFM, ASFPM, and the ASFPM Foundation
A resilient recovery workshop for community officials
The No Adverse Impact (NAI) approach to floodplain management can lead to more resilient and sustainable communities. This workshop will:
- · Review post-disaster roles of federal, state and local government and applicable programs in recovery
- · Describe common community elements (building blocks) where NAI actions can be applied and identify NAI actions
- · Discuss legal issues aspects of recovery, rebuilding, and the NAI approach to effective floodplain management
- · Panel discussion of local rebuilding and recovery issues
Course Date: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Jacques Cousteau Training Center
130 Great Bay Blvd.
Tuckerton NJ 08087
* There will be two more of the same NAI workshop session (one in Monmouth County and one in Cumberland County). Please go to www.njafm.org/calendar for more information and to register
Registration and Fees: This FREE training is "limited access" with only 50 seats available for in-person attendance and is open ONLY to pre-registered NJAFM members and pre-registered invited guests.
Note: Both NJAFM Members and Invited Guests are required to register online at www.NJAFM.org to ensure an accurate head count and CEC credit. If you are not an NJAFM member, please consider becoming a member for future free training opportunities.
CFM Credits Earned: 6 credits
Lunch sponsored by: ASFPM Foundation
Please see the attached agenda for more details...
Coastal No Adverse Impact (NAI) Workshop Agenda